Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bilateral Myringotomy with Tubes

Mitchell had surgery today to help with his ears. The ENT doctor put tubes in Mitchell's ears to help drain the fluid that has been perpetually present, as well as hopefully prevent future ear infections. The surgery was only 5-10 minutes long, but Mitchell had to go under general anesthesia. The whole process was textbook and Mitchell did great! He is now napping after his busy morning. Here are the pictures to document the morning's events.


We had to wake Mitchell up at 5:30 a.m. and he hadn't had anything to eat or drink since before midnight. He wasn't too happy.

As you can see, Mitchell maintained a positive outlook throughout the entire morning. I was really so impressed. He still hadn't had any food or drink. I think this was the sixth 'waiting room' we had been in.


Eliot put on a medical body suit of sorts and accompanied Mitchell to the surgery area. Eliot was there until Michell fell asleep.

Eliot is holding Mitchell after the surgery. Mitchell is snacking on a graham cracker. Eliot totally took the lead today during the whole process. I have decided that Eliot is in charge of all hospital duties from here on out. I am too much of a basket case. Eliot is the sweetest Dad you have ever seen and cool under pressure. Perfect for the job! Isn't this a cute daddy-son picture?

7 comments:

pinkmorning said...

oh, i am so sorry to hear he had surgery. we will keep him in our prayers. those pictures are so precious. Mitchell is such a sweet, sweet boy. give him lots of loves from his aunt julie and his uncle dave...

MomOf4 said...

I am so glad that the day is over and your little Mitchell is doing well! The picture of daddy and son is priceless!

Natalie said...

That first pic of Mitchell is so sad but he looks so cute. I'm glad it went well!

Erin said...

What a little trooper Mitchell is! I had tubes put in my ears when I was little too. Loved the pictures of cute Elliot with him. Let me know how he's doing...you guys are such a darling family!

Lyf2.0 said...

Good job Big Guy! Glad it all went well.

GustoBones said...

I am glad to hear that it went smoothly. Mitchell has been in our prayers. He is such a cutie!

Karena said...

I'm horrible at checking blogs, so sorry I'm a slacker at keeping in touch. One of these years we might join the blogging world. When are you coming to Utah next? I miss you!
The Jonah man has ear infections all the time. Makes me wonder what is up with these 2006 boy babies born in C-ville. How often would Mitchell have ear infections? He's such a doll. Looks like you're doing well. Keep in touch.