Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Children

Everytime my mom's birthday came around, or mother's day, or any special occasion that warranted a gift I would always ask my mom what she wanted. She would always reply "happy children." I would usually walk away disappointed because that was not something that could be easily gift wrapped. Now that I am a mom I realize that that is often my greatest wish too. I am certainly the happiest, most content, and at peace with the world when I see that my children are happy. That is why I like these carefree pictures of Madison. Plus, she's got some awesome moves!

Madison had gone to the Botanical Gardens that day with her best friend Sydney. They potted plants and tie-dyed napkins for an art project. That is the colorful thing she is holding in the picture. When I was younger, much younger, my best friend, Jessica Smith, and I tie-dyed napkins and tried to sell them door to door in our neighborhood. I had to chuckle about that memory. Eliot was so proud to hear that I was such a bold salesperson at such a young age. I don't think we sold many napkins, if any at all. (I do think one person bought a napkin just because they felt sorry for us.). And they were only a quarter a piece- go figure!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Those are great pics of your girl! She's so funny.

Rachel said...

Those really ARE some good moves. She can definitely join our "special" swim team! I love the story about your selling napkins door to door. Such ingenuity!

pinkmorning said...

i had so much fun talking to Madison on the phone last week about the smoothies she likes. it was good to see her and give her hugs at cafe rio as well. I am so excited to come out and spend some quality time with you and eliot and your beautiful little ones.

Jenna said...

Angie, I love your blog! Your kids are so darling. I thought your little one-word survey was interesting, I might have to do it myself. I voted for you to move to SLC, if you don't mind. I love having family nearby!

GustoBones said...

I love the pictures. Madison looks like she had a ball!!!