Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rainy days with a chance of sun


The other week we had rain and a lot of it. Afterall, it is wintertime. Eliot says we may have gotten our yearly allotment in that one week. The kids loved getting out their rain gear and I loved it too!

Between puddle jumps and sloshing around we sipped on tea and hot chocolate indoors. It was a nice change from the perpetual sunshine. I probably appreciated the rain so much because it was such a novelty. I knew the sunshine would be back shortly.


Sure enough, the first sunbeam came through the clouds on the Sunday following the rain. The first sunbeam was my future Sunbeam. I can't believe this little guy will be a Sunbeam in one more week. Since then the has rain ceased and it has been sunny and warm ever since.


Side note: Mitchell had an astronaut visit his preschool. I think that was the first astronaut I had ever seen in real life. He made a fun space hat for the occasion which he is modeling here.


7 comments:

Natalie said...

SO cute kids! I can't believe how BIG Madison looks!

Erin said...

Love the rain gear! Your kids look so cute. You're right - the rain was fun (since it was short lived). I'm kinda wishing it was raining right now because I'm NOT in the mood to be fabulous today. ;)

Jennie said...

Great Pictures. Hope you have a great day!

grandmasmith said...

I chuckle a little when you say that Mitchell is a "little guy." On the picture you sent he seemed to be half the size of Eliot. Thanks for posting! Love,

Kath said...

Fun pics, Angie! And if your kiddos hurry out fast today they could use their raingear for a second time this month and that would be...well, a novelty:) Happy tea and cocoa sipping sounds lovely. right. now.

Kath said...

and Mitchell is the cutest presunbeam!

Rhitzclan said...

They are getting so BIG! Mitchell, a sunbeam? Wow time flies! Missing you. =)